Alternative Ways to Enjoy the Spring Weather
Spring is here, and everyone is eager to get out and enjoy the warmer weather. There is no need to travel because you can experience the sunshine right outside your door! Here are some alternative ways to get some fresh air.
- Eating outdoors is ideal when the sun is out. Whether it's at a seating area or a picnic at a park, you can relish this warm weather all while sharing a meal.
- Bird watching is an activity that can give you peace of mind this spring season. Feed the ducks at a local lake or watch the bird feeder outside and take advantage of the beautiful environment.
- Enjoy one of your hobbies outside, whether quilting, painting, reading or playing cards. Or you can engage in childhood pastimes like flying a kite or blowing bubbles.
- Take a stroll in the outdoors! A walk in a park or just around the block. Not only is it exercise, but you can soak up the sun and take in the breeze.
- Visit a farmer's market near you. With the weather warming up, produce is in season. Take advantage of fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Go to the nearest ice cream shop or parlor and get a frozen treat to savor in the warmer temperatures.
Here at Evergreen Senior Living in Chillicothe, we encourage our residents to be active and find ways to carry out their interests and passions. As we open our doors to visitors once again, it's a great time to take your loved one on a local outing in the beautiful spring weather. Visit our website to learn more about how we keep your senior involved with outdoor activities both on campus and around the community. Call today to schedule your tour of our beautiful campus.