Best Gifts For Seniors This Christmas
Christmas is one of those holidays that just sneaks up on you! Before you know it, you're one week away from Christmas and haven't started wrapping any gifts. In fact, you haven't even bought all your gifts, it's 11 pm, and your child just told you they need glue for a project due tomorrow morning! Not to worry, we can help. Not with the glue, but we do have some meaningful gift ideas for your seniors this Christmas to take some weight off your shoulders!
Whether you are looking for a gift for your parents, grandparents, or an elderly neighbor, here are some gift ideas that show your appreciation for them!
1. A scrapbook – Including favorite pictures of you and your senior not only will remind them of special times but will also bring up stories and conversation starters about those precious moments.
2. Personalized cutting board – Many families have a special recipe passed down through generations. Rather than have that recipe on an index card, have the recipe engraved on a cutting board. Makes for good kitchen decor too!
3. Long-distance lamp – This set of lamps is split between you and your loved one. The lamps light up whenever you are both near it and create a sense of closeness when you aren't with each other!
4. Photo Coasters – Each coaster has a photo that triggers a happy memory that will brighten up any mood!
5. Heated blanket – some seniors experience joint pain, arthritis, poor circulation, or are frequently cold. A nice, heated blanket can provide comfort and warmth throughout the day! Be mindful and select a blanket that has an automatic shutoff component and multiple temperature settings!
A thoughtful gift that simply shows your appreciation is more than enough to put a smile on your loved one's face.
This holiday season, our residents will be spreading joy and laughter. From participating in 12 days of Christmas to being one of Santa's elves, your senior will feel the holiday spirit at Evergreen Senior Living in Decatur. Schedule a tour today to see for yourself, or contact us on our website!
Happy Holidays from Evergreen Senior Living in Decatur!