Tips That Can Help You with Arthritis Pain
There are many good that can come with age. Wisdom, experience, and knowledge are just a few. And there is no shortcut; it just takes time. This is part of the reason why we value our seniors so much.
But one thing that time can make worse is arthritis.
Arthritis is the inflammation of one or more joints, causing pain and stiffness. And that pain can often worsen with age. Symptoms can include pain, swelling, reduced range of motion, and stiffness. With no permanent cure, the only viable choice for seniors with this condition is management of the symptoms.
With regular activity and planning, seniors can work to reduce the pain and stiffness that they deal with when it comes to arthritis. In addition to medications, physical therapy, or sometimes surgery, other remedies can help reduce the symptoms of arthritis and improve quality of life.
Some tips that can help manage arthritis pain for aging adults are:
- Exercising regularly to strengthen the muscles around your joints
- Hydrating to ensure your joints feel better and you have more energy to move
- Following a healthy diet to maintain a healthy weight
- Maintaining good sleep habits to help your body heal and reduce inflammation
- Trying heat or cold therapy to ease inflammation and pain
- Avoiding stressing your joints to keep them loose and flexible
- Working with your doctor to put together a plan to manage arthritis
- Using massage to relax the muscles and improve movement
- Adding in omega-3 rich food like fish to reduce inflammation in the joints
Knowing how to manage and reduce the pain of arthritis can play a vital role in enhancing the quality of life of seniors. At Evergreen Senior Living in Chillicothe, our compassionate and helpful staff are ready and willing to help any resident with any pain or discomfort they may be facing. We work hard to make sure our seniors have the best possible care.
Call today or visit our website to learn more and become a part of the Evergreen Senior Living family.